Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WOW!!! Time flies!

So I am realizing that it is the point of the semester where I am almost finished!!! Can you believe it? Because I can't! Not only am I amazed that this semester is almost over, but I have all these mixed feelings about whether I'm excited to go home, sad about going home or looking forward to seeing people. I have no idea, and its especially hard to think about as I am stressing out over finishing up all my course work and planning my final trip to Spain and Italy (I leave on Saturday).

So yeah already I'm thinking about the things I will miss once I leave England:

1. The Otley Run (a fun and intense night of pub hopping)
2. English Pubs in general
3. Tetley tea
4. Leeds night life
5. MY FRIENDS OF COURSE!!
6. being close to Europe
7. not having class every day of the week
8. Leeds shopping district
9. cheap student tickets at the theater
10. England's wonderful transportation system
11. the accent!
12. the wide variety of student life (the student groups and events)
13. the style
14. The Leeds Student Union (what a wonderful feeling knowing you can grab a pint in between classes, I haven't done it often but its nice to know its an option)
15. Hyde Park in the sunshine!
16. The words: cheers, love, car park (they just sound so PROPER)

That's all I have for now and I'm sure I'll think of more, especially when I return to the States. Its just an amazing feeling knowing that I have done it! I have lived overseas and tested out another country's university system. I have traveled and I have seen things that I never thought I would see.

This may be a bit of a sentimental post, mainly because its sad to think I'm even at the point where I have to think about coming home. But everything good must come to an end I suppose, and mine is almost here. I just hope I end it knowing that I have experienced all that I could!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had a pretty awesome time! Hope to see you when you're back in the states!

    -Rakow

    ReplyDelete